Monday, December 13, 2010

TRAIN HOPPERS

 {Inspiration board and Jacquard fabric via: Simmy Mere of F.I.T.S}

 This semester I collaborated with a fashion designer to develop a Jacquard fabric for her collection inspired by train hoppers.  The motifs within the Jacquard were drawn from antique Septa railroad maps.  The fiber type consists of 50 % wool and 50% cotton for warmth.  To achieve the strong structural look (see above) I constructed a tri-pick, tissue pick.  This construction not only allows for upholstery weighted fabric but also for the fresh, occasional pop of color (which can be seen in the burgundy dots which represent individual destinations).   I look forward to working with more fashion designers in the future.  I'm always up for a good challenge!

x

Simmy of F.I.T.S

Currently listening to, "Big Lost" by, Diplo

No comments: